HOW TO MANAGE THE HOLIDAYS
Between the election last week and the upcoming holidays you may be feeling challenged on how to keep your fitness regime from unraveling.
Here are a few tips to help keep you on track:
1. Avoid dessert disaster. Buy the best chocolate you can find (80 percent or higher cacao) and give yourself one piece every day. You aren’t depriving yourself and you’re practicing moderation so when confronted with a wide array of desserts you won’t be as tempted.
2. Before attending parties, fill up by eating a lean, high-protein snack and drinking plenty of water. Limit alcohol to one drink if you possibly can.
3. Speaking of water. Drink up daily! Many times, we eat when we are actually dehydrated and thirsty. Drinking herbal teas and water can soften cravings.
4. Stick with your fitness routine.
5. Give the gift of exercise. Ask me about my beautifully boxed and wrapped gift certificates for your friends and family. (shown here.)